Current Openings - 2nd Quarter 2015 Application for Employment
Norris Adolescent Center is an equal opportunity employer. We consider applicants over the age of 21 who meet job and education/experience requirements. Other requirements include: a successful Caregiver/Criminal Background Check, a physical exam and a valid WI driver license.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefit package.
Norris is currently accepting applications for the following positions:
Position: In-Home Care Coordinator Salary Range: $27,996 - $53,310
Norris Adolescent Center is seeking a Care Coordinator to partner with parents/caregivers of youth residing on the Norris Campus. The Care Coordinator will help families maintain (or re-establish) a healthy relationship with their son, prepare for their son's return home, and offer support to the family for a period of time after their son is discharged to the home. The Care Coordinator will work closely with the Unit Manager to assure that campus-based care and community-based care is coordinated.
Qualifications: Bachelors degree in a social or behavioral scienceis REQUIRED. This position requires a flexible, motivated and enthusiastic individual with demonstrated ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with all Center and School District staff, consultants, parents, clients and outside professionals. Must possess strong verbal and writing skills. Must work at times that are convenient for families including evenings and weekends.
In addition, the selected individual will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Provide culturally sensitive, trauma-informed services to young men and their families.
- Â·Have a working knowledge of community resources in Milwaukee
- Â·Ability to read, write speak and understand English well
- Â·Understanding and support Center personnel policies and procedures
- Â·Demonstrated ability to articulate and support agency mission
- Â·Ability to articulate the Norris Family CARES Initiative values
- Â·Ability to articulate and speak to the essential functions of the position
- Â·A commitment to youth and families as demonstrated by attitudes, behaviors and professional development efforts
- Â·Computer competency
- Â·Satisfactory performance record
- Â·Valid Wisconsin driver's license a qualified driver under agency policy.
Position: Independent Living Coordinator Salary Range: $27,996 - $53,310
Date Posted: 3/15/2015
Norris Adolescent Center is seeking an Independent Living Coordinator to help young men prepare for adulthood. The Coordinator will be responsible for developing an array of services while also providing hands on assessment, support and monitoring of young men working or living in the community. Knowledge of DVR, post-high school opportunities and independent living resources a must. Candidates familiar with resources in Milwaukee are especially encouraged to apply.
Qualifications: Bachelors degree in education, counseling or a social science. Other degrees will be considered on a case-by-case basis. This position requires a self-starter who is a flexible, motivated and enthusiastic individual with demonstrated ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with all Norris Adolescent Center and Norris School District staff, consultants, parents, clients and outside professionals. Must possess strong verbal and writing skills.
Must be willing to work at times that are convenient for families including evenings and weekends. Must be over 21. A successful criminal background check and physical exam are requirements of employment. Also required are valid WI driverâ€™s license, a vehicle in good repair and auto insurance.
Application and Submission Information: To apply for one of the positions listed above, please download an Application for Employment 2015 by clicking the corresponding link below. You will need Adobe Reader to open. Attach a letter of interest Which addresses the following:
- Describe your experience supporting youth transitioning to adulthood (including negotiating with landlords, enrolling youth in post-secondary programming, securing basic resources, working with DVR, and monitoring transition-aged youth).
- Share any experience you have related to contract negotiations or securing memorandums of understanding.
- Please list any experiences you have with fundraising or grant writing.
Other Employment at Norris
Norris has over 75 employees. If you have an interest in working with children and their families, opportunities may exist in the following areas:
- Social Worker/Case Manager
- Youth Care Worker 1st, 2nd, and 3rd shifts - full and part time
- Group Home/Youth Care Worker - full and part time
- Maintenance workers
- Office/Clinical Support Staff
For a copy of the "Application For Employment", click the corresponding link below. You will need Adobe Reader to open. Please complete the application and return to Norris Adolescent Center, care of Daryl Brooks at the noted address on the application. Application for Employment