Current Openings - 1st Quarter 2015
Norris Adolescent Center is an equal opportunity employer. We consider applicants over the age of 21 who meet job and education/experience requirements. Other requirements include: a successful Caregiver/Criminal Background Check, a physical exam and a valid WI driver license.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefit package.
Norris is currently accepting applications for the following positions:
Position: In-Home Care Coordinator Salary Range: $27,996 - $53,310
Norris Adolescent Center is seeking a Care Coordinator to partner with parents/caregivers of youth residing on the Norris Campus. The Care Coordinator will help families maintain (or re-establish) a healthy relationship with their son, prepare for their son's return home, and offer support to the family for a period of time after their son is discharged to the home. The Care Coordinator will work closely with the Unit Manager to assure that campus-based care and community-based care is coordinated.
Qualifications: Bachelors degree in a social or behavioral scienceis REQUIRED. This position requires a flexible, motivated and enthusiastic individual with demonstrated ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with all Center and School District staff, consultants, parents, clients and outside professionals. Must possess strong verbal and writing skills. Must work at times that are convenient for families including evenings and weekends.
In addition, the selected individual will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Provide culturally sensitive, trauma-informed services to young men and their families.
- Â·Have a working knowledge of community resources in Milwaukee
- Â·Ability to read, write speak and understand English well
- Â·Understanding and support Center personnel policies and procedures
- Â·Demonstrated ability to articulate and support agency mission
- Â·Ability to articulate the Norris Family CARES Initiative values
- Â·Ability to articulate and speak to the essential functions of the position
- Â·A commitment to youth and families as demonstrated by attitudes, behaviors and professional development efforts
- Â·Computer competency
- Â·Satisfactory performance record
- Â·Valid Wisconsin driver's license a qualified driver under agency policy.
Other Employment at Norris
Norris has over 75 employees. If you have an interest in working with children and their families, opportunities may exist in the following areas:
Youth Care Worker 1st, 2nd, and 3rd shifts - full and part time
- Group Home/Youth Care Worker - full and part time
- Social Worker/Case Manager
- Maintenance workers
Office/Clinical Support Staff
For a copy of the "Application For Employment", click the corresponding link below. You will need Adobe Reader to open. Please complete the application and return to Norris Adolescent Center, care of Daryl Brooks at the noted address on the application. Application for Employment